I thought this topic was fitting as I recently found a brilliant bargain of 5 litres of Apple Cider Vinegar on sale for £15 and thought it could be helpful for others to list some of the great ways this golden (but sometimes spicy) liquid, can benefit your health!
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a type of vinegar made from crushed and juiced apples. The naturally occurring yeast ferments the sugars in the juice into alcohol which is then further fermented into acetic acid by a natural bacteria called acetic bacteria, which is what creates the ACV.
The best type of ACV you want to purchase in stores is ‘raw, unfiltered and unpasteurised’ that comes ‘with the mother’ – which refer the the cloudy sediment at the bottom, made up of settled bacteria and yeast.
So onto some benefits:
- Vinegar is a fab source of essential minerals; potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus whilst also being full of antioxidants called polyphenols;
- It helps regulate blood sugar and stabilise potential blood sugar spikes post-meals, which in turn helps with cravings and appetite;
- Supports the immune system as it contains beneficial bacteria and prebiotics that boost the IS;
- Powerful anti-inflammatory known to relieve the symptoms of inflammatory conditions like arthritis;
- Natural prebiotic and probiotic that nourishes the body from within, supporting the gut and improving immunity
- Improves gut health & digestion – just a shot in the morning or before meals can support gut microbiome
- It is antibacterial & antimicrobial helping fight off pathogens
- It’s a powerful biofilm disrupter that will maximise your parasite cleansing efforts (parasites love to hide in biofilms!)
We use ACV every day in both our parasite cleanse and eliminatory organ cleanse, and also throughout The Wellness Programme, which is really no surprise considering the healing properties covered above.
When drinking ACV it is usually best to dilute it, and that could be with warm water, or our favourite concoction of filtered water and lemon juice!
Lemon juice adds vitamin c, which boosts immunity, helps with the formation of kidney stones and aids digestion – so the two combined are a total powerhouse!
Again, just to reiterate, if you feel inspired to try out some ACV in your daily routine I’d highly recommend seeking out one that is organic, unpasteurised, and unfiltered – my favourite brand is Willy’s!
If you’d like to learn about even more healing modalities, tinctures, herbs and protocols, then why not join us on one of our group cleanse programmes. We incorporate many incredible and life changing products. The next group cleanses start in March and you can learn more on the website.
Ellie (& Jade), X