- 400IU Vitamin D
- 3000mg Vitamin C ascorbate
- 25mg Zinc + 500mg Quercetin
The immune system can become over stimulated in its response to COVID, which can cause high levels of inflammation and a cytokine storm. This means we have to be careful which herbs we use as some of these can contribute to this storm, even though they would usually be a good form of treatment. Inflammation levels are usually measured by CRP markers. The higher these are, the more inflammation is present. I will comment on this further below in terms of considerations to make.
COVID can cause blood clots in some people. It’s important to know this in case someone complains of pains and/or a severe headache/pressure in the head. My Dad got shooting pains down his legs alongside the headache. A general headache is a common symptom, but this will be worse than usual and accompanied with high blood pressure. Another way to tell is to take the blood pressure in someone’s arm and also in someone’s leg, and check for a discrepancy. A large discrepancy in readings can show the blood is having difficulty getting through in one part of the body, suggesting a possible blood clot. This happened to my Dad. My mum gave him 300mg of Aspirin and it cleared, along with his headache. It then returned the next day and she did the same thing again, this time it cleared for good. Since being in the hospital they have been administering anti-clotting medication as they’re aware blood clots can be caused by COVID.
A common symptom when things deteriorate is that oxygen saturation levels drop, especially over night/in the early hours of the morning. This can make it difficult for people to breathe. You can use an oxygen saturation monitor to measure these, which are inexpensive on Amazon. The same with a blood pressure machine above. Both help you monitor the situation. Oxygen saturation levels that drop below 90% require medical attention, although if that person has discomfort, they may want attention sooner.
If COVID progresses to mucous on the lungs, you need to focus on getting this off. Prolonged mucous adds to the breathing difficulties and can lead to infection; both chest infection and then on to pnuemonia. There are various methods for this which I’ll list below.
COVID protocol; step 1:
Initially, this is what I would consider;
- Vitamin C, taken every 1-2 hours, as COVID depletes the body of Vitamin C. Yoo can take up to bowel tolerance or 10,000mg.
- 8,000IU Vitamin D
- Zinc and quercetin; the quercetin helps push the zinc into the cells. The loss of smell and taste is commonly a sign your body has become depleted of zinc.
- 1 tsp black seed oil
- Bromelain capsules for any lung inflammation
- Hot shower with steam and peppermint essential oil
- Plenty of sleep; bed before 10pm
- At this stage, a high temperature can be a good thing, as the body fights the pathogen
Those that get COVID more severely, it’s suspected they may have an overgrowth of a certain bacteria called Prevotella. In order to tackle COVID we also need to tackle this bacteria, as it’s this bacteria that homes the virus, making it more deadly. How to tackle;
- Citrus fruits; we were making pineapple smoothies, using lemons, oranges, grapefruits, etc.
- Onion and garlic
- Green tea + manuka honey
- Cayenne pepper
- Wormwood extract – we used black walnut & wormwood
Step 2 protocol:
If it progresses to the lungs then you need to work on getting the mucous/pus off the lungs. Methods to do so;
- Use a steamer for 10 minutes regularly throughout the day
- NAC – breaks down mucous
- Make an onion pack, which involves cutting and steaming onions, waiting for them to cool and then putting into a cloth, and placing over each lung for 30 minutes
- Take colloidal silver; 1 tsp orally and also add 10 drops to a nebuliser with distilled water
- Use a diffuser with essential oils; especially peppermint, rosemary, clove and lavender
- Ensure the person lays on their front when they sleep, which will help with drainage from the lungs
- Movement is also important for removing the mucous; it can be walking around the house if they don’t have the strength to go walking outside
- Mullein leaf tea is for mucous on the lungs – drink regularly
- Use heat to improve the dampness of the lungs; turmeric, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger
- A temperature at this stage is not so good and you will probably need to use paracetamol to get this under control. They can also drink Hawthorn berry tea as a natural method, but you probably won’t be able to rely on this alone. We found black seed oil and turpentine were also effective at bringing down the temperature.
- You can purchase oxygen cans for at-home use if someone needs breathing assistance, however as previously mentioned, oxygen sats below 90% require medical attention
- Liquid turmeric for inflammation, as COVID can inflame the heart and lungs
- 1 drop of CBD oil, for the same reasons
- 1 tsp Nordic fish oil, also anti-inflammatory
- 1/2 tsp of glutathione to support the liver
- Wim Hof breathing exercises
- Clean teeth 3-4x daily, maintain optimum oral health
- Bee propolis on the roof of mouth and back of throat, upon waking
- CoEnzyme Q10 to support heart health, as low oxygen can put a strain on the heart
- Turn off WiFi – EMFs cause viruses to mutate
- Licorice root, targets virsues
If you suggest high levels of inflammation and/or a cytokine storm, then please do not use colloidal silver. This isn’t an exhaustive list and this is based on information I found, or was sent, to help my Dad. This isn’t medical advice but is what helped us as a family, so please use this how you see fit. Please consider any contraindications, especially if someone takes medication.