“Make no mistake about it, worms are the most toxic agents in the human body. They are one of the primary underlying causes of disease and are the most basic cause of compromised immune system.” – Hazel Parcells, D.C., N.D., Ph.D
The two major categories are large parasites and small parasites; the large parasites are primarily worms and the small parasites are mostly microscopic in size. Protozoa and Amoebae are examples of microscopic parasites.
- The large parasites, like tapeworms, pinworms, and roundworms, can usually be seen with the naked eye. Tapeworms can easily be 10 to 15 inches long. The large parasites can travel to other parts of the body, besides the digestive tract. These parasites reproduce by laying eggs in the intestinal tract, where the eggs stick to the sides of the intestines. When the eggs hatch, they grow into adults and lay their own eggs – then the whole cycle continues.
- The smaller parasites, including protozoa and amoebas, function more like an infection than a parasite. They travel via the blood stream just like a bacteria and reproduce without laying eggs.
- The microscopic parasites can be dangerous because they can get into joints and eat the calcium linings off your bones, which can lead to osteo-arthritis.
- All of your nerves have an insulating coating, much like how rubber covers copper wire – this coating is called the Myelin Sheath. This myelin sheath is composed of proteins. There are parasites that consume protein and can consume part of the myelin sheath. This will cause disruptions in nerve signalling from the brain to the output area, where the nerve is traveling, which can be most serious.
Firstly, if you believe you’ve passed a parasite, I advise running it under water to see if it maintains its form or it breaks down. If it disintegrates / breaks down, it’s unlikely a worm. I often get asked how clients collect their parasites for the photos… they use a colander to collect their waste, mostly after an enema and then rinse this over. With what’s left they can then use tweezers to pick out and dissect, in order to establish if it’s a parasite and the type of parasite it is.
These are the most common types of parasites, but the first two are too small to see passed;
These parasites are a form of protozoa; a single celled parasite. They are many species of this protozoa and all are quite common on our planet. There is considerable debate amongst healthcare doctors and researchers, whether or not these protozoa cause illnesses in humans. Some researchers have strong evidence these protozoa indeed cause significant health problems amongst humans, while at the same time other doctors and researchers are insistent all species of Blastocystis are harmless to humans.
Giardia is the most common parasite to infect humans worldwide. It is usually self-limiting, lasting anywhere from two to six or more weeks in length. Only about one-third of infected humans will exhibit symptoms. These are too small to see in stool.
These are commonly passed during a parasite cleanse and like to migrate to the liver. Dr. Hulda Clark believed that the presence of flukes, combined with certain chemicals/toxins in the body, can create cancers in the body – or at least make us more susceptible. Clients often mistake them for tomato skins in their stool.
These are one of the most common types of worms and are a type of roundworm. We most commonly get these worms when we accidentally eat their eggs, via contaminated fruit, vegetables, dirty hands, etc.
An estimated 807 million–1.2 billion people in the world are infected with Ascaris. The biggest issue with these parasites is that they multiply rapidly and can block the GI tract, which can result in bloating, gas and constipation, etc. They also eat your food which can leave you constantly hungry and nutrient deficient.
These parasites tend to be lighter in colour; often light brown or nude. This will vary depending on where they are in the intestine; higher up is nude, lower down is darker. These tend to be passed in “batches” as you can see in the photo.
Hookworms are usually darker in colour as they feed off of blood and tissues. Hookworms bite and suck on the intestinal wall which can cause bleeding of the intestinal tissues. They can also seriously damage the respiratory system. In severe infections, iron deficiency and anaemia becomes a problem, because all the iron has been used up by the hookworms. Haemoglobin levels (oxygen carrying capacity of red blood cells) have been reported to be as low as 15% in patients with severe, long-standing hookworm infestations. Some of the more serious complications of having a hookworm infestation can include:
- Intellectual and cognitive impairments
- Growth issues in children
- Growth problems of the uterus of a pregnant woman which will affect the growth potential of a foetus
- Premature delivery of a child
- Low birth weight of the child
- Death of pregnant women and small children, due to the combination of extremely high blood losses, serious anaemia, serious lung damages, and serious protein malnutrition
These are very small, white worms. You’ll unlikely be able to get these out of the toilet due to their size, but can sometimes see them on top of the stool.
Pinworms are highly infectious from human to human, especially in children. One of the sure signs of a pinworm infestation is a lot of itchiness in the anal area. The worms deposit their eggs mostly at night on the external surfaces of the anus, contaminating pyjamas and bed linen. The eggs are readily transported through the air and can be found in every room of the home. Complications are more common in women than in men because of anatomical differences. Pinworms can be found in the vulva, uterus and fallopian tubes because the worm loses its way (entering the vaginal area) while trying to return to the anus after depositing its eggs.
Identified by their segments but they can also look flat. You won’t always pass one whole worm in a stool, as due to their size they often break off into sections, so will be passed in multiple bowel movements.
The tapeworm species which cause the greatest potential damages to its human hosts comes from eating under-cooked or raw pork. One of its life cycle phases is to create a cyst. The worst problem with the pork tapeworm cyst is it can enter into brain tissue. When inside brain tissue it displaces (crowds out) brain tissue, leading to potentially severe complications.
The fish tapeworms are the largest of the human tapeworms reaching a length of up to 33 feet or more. There can be 3,000 to 4,000 segments in one fish worm. It can produce more than 1,000,000 eggs per day. This type of infestation can cause anaemia because of interference with Vitamin B12. Tapeworms of any type can also cause water retention. Tapeworms come primarily from contaminated and under-cooked pork, beef and fish. A dog who has tapeworms and is licking a person’s face, can also introduce tapeworms into that person.
They can cause long term nutrient deficiencies, mood swings, irritability, loss of appetite, weight loss, gut issues, etc.
A Whipworm is a type of Roundworm. Whipworms inject a digestive fluid into the colon tissue which converts colon tissues into a liquid which the whipworms then consume. They look similar to Ascaris however their tail tapers off to a very thin thread at the end.
Often looking like a rope texture, hence its name. It’s made up primarily of mucous excreted by the intestinal system. These often cling to the intestinal wall, so when these are released the mucosal lining is able to breathe again and start to absorb nutrients.
Clients have reported passing them, but before they’re able to get them out of the toilet, they’re already starting to break down and resemble toilet tissue, which makes them different to parasites in the normal sense.
I treat a lot of problems stemming from a Candida overgrowth, which in its worst form becomes a “Systemic Candidiasis Infection.” Parasites can contribute to development of Candida overgrowth problems. Candida overgrowth can contribute to parasites gaining a stronger foothold inside their human hosts.
This is something that the mainstream claims doesn’t exist, however many clients have passed this and have noticed a significant improvement in their symptoms. Mucoid plaque is a layering of mucous along the intestinal wall that can vary greatly in colour and texture. It can be thick, firm, thin, hard, soft, brittle, rubbery, transparent, brown, black, green, grey, yellow… and almost always has an intensely foul odour when the body does manage to expel it. When we continually eat highly acidic or toxic/processed foods, foods we’re allergic or intolerant to, take OTC medications, are exposed to heavy metals, or are subjected to parasites, harmful microbes and bacteria and their toxins, etc., the intestines start to react to these sources of irritation in the gut and secrete (and accumulate) more and more mucous in order to protect itself. Over time this becomes difficult to remove and so remains stubbornly fixed to the intestinal wall, contributing to slowed bowel movements, constipation, etc.
All of these contribute to chronic symptoms and illness in the body. This is why I strongly recommend everyone completes a parasite cleanse at least once or twice a year.
To join the next 6 week parasite cleanse, full details can be found here; www.thewellnessprogramme.com/6-week-parasite-cleanse
To health and happiness,